Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Brrrrr....It's COLD out there!


So this is what it's like to get snowed in for 3 whole days!! The first day and a half was GREAT then cabin fever started to set in. I was tired of not seeing the sun, tired of not getting any fresh air ( I'm not one to play in the freezing cold,lol )and frankly, I was tired of washing dishes! Everyone knows that bored kids are hungry all the time. So I feel like I've done nothing but cook and clean dirty dishes nonstop!
So as I read my morning devotion, I was reminded that "I am Christ's"! What a blessed gentle push this thought gave me as I fought off annoyance of being cooped up for 3 days. I am Christ's! His by donation, for the Father gave me to the Son. His by purchase, for He bought me with a bloody price. His by dedication, for I have given myself to Him! I am His by relation....for I am named by His name, and made a child of God, and a joint-heir! How wonderful and amazing is that? Charles Spurgeon (source of my devotions) said "...that all who see you may know that you are the Saviour's, recognizing in you his features of love and his countenance of holiness.". So NOW if you were to pop in on me today, you will be greeted with a smile and a happy hearted hello, thanks to this beautiful reminder that I am HIS and I have every reason to rejoice, regardless of my situation or circumstances! What a MIGHTY God we serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment