Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Trials

I have heard a lot about trials lately and wanted to share my thoughts on the subject. Some people say "If the Lord didn't think I could handle it, He wouldn't put it on me." Others say "The Lord just wants me to depend on Him." While both of these may be true, I believe that there's a deeper reason for trials. Or maybe not so much a deeper reason, as a tri-fold reason. Charles Spurgeon says it like this: "Tried faith brings experience. You could not have believed your own weakness had you not been compelled to pass through the rivers; and you would never have known God's strength had you not been supported amid the water-floods. Faith increases in solidity, assurance, and intensity, the more it is exercised with tribulation. Faith is precious, and its trial is precious too." Our FAITH grows and prospers through trials. A strong faith is a precious and priceless gem in a decaying and declining world. A little faith is all it takes to secure your spot in eternity. But a strong faith gets us through this life victoriously and helps us to shine with the light of Jesus in a dark place. I'm thankful for trials. I'm thankful for the dependency on my Savior and I'm thankful for the testing of my faith that encourages me to dig deeper and stand firmly in the hope that I have in knowing my Lord will never leave me nor forsake me. His promises are sure and His love and mercy is everlasting. So rejoice in your trials- Be victorious in your trials-Let your faith be strengthened through your trials.

No comments:

Post a Comment